MESSAGE BOARD

Discuss the latest topics within the Josh Bernstein fan community!
Browse through the forum as a guest, or create a login below to post your own messages.
By using this message board, you agree to the Terms & Conditions of JoshBernstein.com.
For all technical inquiries please email webmaster@joshbernstein.com.

1 of 3
Favorite Darwin?
Posted: 20 October 2009 06:57 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2009-10-20

Please allow me to begin by saying that I am sorry but I have my doubts about whether the real Josh actually reads these.

Gosh I hope he does though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  tongue wink

Anyway, My friend and I would love to know…

1) What is your favorite show that you have done so far?

2) Have you read Darwins Origin of Species?

3) Do you wear make-up on film and if so are you looking for a make-up artist? (I don’t have the paperwork yet but I’m sure I could hide those bags you get under your eyes when you’ve been sleep deprived. Oh yes, the fans can always tell which shows were recorded months 1-4 verses the ones recorded in months 7-9.[does that sound creepy stalker?])

4)You got a girl yet?

5) you want one? red face

Posted: 21 October 2009 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  270
Joined  2009-07-23

Hi Rikki,

Welcome to the forums! I’m not JB, but can toss in my two-cents (as many of us do in this forum) about whether or not the real JB reads these - believe me; he does, and its him.

I got a healthy chuckle from question #3 above! On a few episodes I’d wondered if JB had left his razor at home - but he seems to be a down to earth kind of person, so it suits him.

About questions #4 and #5; I read somewhere that his work keeps him ‘off the market’ for now. I know what that’s like too.

Again, welcome, Rikki, and I’m looking forward to your posts.
~Idee

Signature 

The ocean refuses no river.—Sufi chant

~ Join in! On Twitter @_alive2dive ~

Posted: 21 October 2009 11:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  85
Joined  2009-07-23

And a warm welcome from me too!
As my friend Idee said,yes,its him reading all our posts and ,in my case,rants ,bless him.
I started called us th “JB harem” when Idee and I met a while back,so welcome to the “Harem” too.
Is a joke name,obviously,but there is so many women posting on this forum, sometimes I think I have mistaken an anthropologists web page for Tom Jones fan site.
As for the way Mr.Bernstein looks sometimes,I have only ever noticed on his last appearance on the Today show,you could tell he had dragged himself out of bed but when you travel so much,is hard to look “fresh” all the time¨,and I,for one,would love to hear of any tips Josh can give us on looking perky .
Really looking forward to reading your posts too Rikki!
Trini.

Signature 

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.” - Mark Twain

Posted: 21 October 2009 02:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  166
Joined  2009-07-22

Hey Rikki, welcome!

I agree with you on question #3, sometimes he looked like something the cat dragged in ^..^, but that’s okay, because we all have those moments, which I am experiencing right now and my solution for that is a big floppy hat and huge sunglasses.

Rapa (-;

Signature 

THE BUTTERFLY

THE Butterfly, an idle thing,
Nor honey makes, nor yet can sing,
  As do the bee and bird;
Nor does it, like the prudent ant,
Lay up the grain for times of want,
  A wise and cautious hoard.
My youth is but a summer’s day:
Then like the bee and ant I’ll lay
  A store of learning by;
And though from flower to flower I rove,
My stock of wisdom I’ll improve
  Nor be a butterfly.

~ Adelaide OKeefe, 1776-1855 ~

Posted: 21 October 2009 08:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  284
Joined  2009-07-24

Hi Rikki how are you, glad you could join us on the site. I beileve that josh himself is reading these forums and responding as best he can and when he can.
I must say i love seeing him with the straggly look about him, except for the baggy eyes tired look. He has always look really good with the five o clock shadow, cowboy hat, and the type of shirts that he wears. I think he brings a razor but just does not have time to shave or is too tired to, which is fiine with me. But truthfully he is quite handsome no matter what he is doing, what he is wearing/how he is looking, and where he is. He may wear makeup for the commercials though, but we will just see what he has to say.

Again glad to have your aboard.

Signature 

Quotes
Our Greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising everytime we fall.

Horses are environmentally friendly, they go green everyday!

You can lead a human to knowledge, but you can’t make him think!

Posted: 21 October 2009 08:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  159
Joined  2009-06-17

LOL. Hahahahahahahaha. Okay, let’s see if I can give you some answers.

1) What is your favorite show that you have done so far?

Into the Unknown w/JB: Living with Mummies.  It was the perfect combination of factors for me: real, exotic, meaningful, and exclusive. I mean, how could one not love being a part of the resurrection of an ancient, secret, sacred ritual?? I’ll always cherish my time with Gemtasu, Awateng and the other Anga of Koke village in PNG.

2) Have you read Darwins Origin of Species?

Not yet, but I will in November as I prepare for my trip to the Galapagos.

3) Do you wear make-up on film and if so are you looking for a make-up artist? (I donÕt have the paperwork yet but IÕm sure I could hide those bags you get under your eyes when youÕve been sleep deprived. Oh yes, the fans can always tell which shows were recorded months 1-4 verses the ones recorded in months 7-9.[does that sound creepy stalker?])

I don’t wear makeup while filming Digging for the Truth or Into the Unknown. No hair stuff, either. It was never part of the vision for either series, as authenticity and “realness” are important to me. So yeah, you can see me wearing down a bit as the months go on. Such is life.

When I do interviews or photo shoots, it depends on whether or not they want/provide makeup. If they don’t (like in live news) then I go au natural. But for most one-off interviews, commercials, and ad campaigns, they will do basic powder, I’ve learned. I try to be comfortable with it.

4)You got a girl yet?

I do, indeed. But, as people will know from interviews past, my private life is private, so I’ll leave the answer at that.

5) you want one?  red face

See above. grin

Bonus answers:

* I use a beard trimmer to manage my “stubble.” Not everyday, but most—the stubble allows me to skip a day or two pretty easily, which I love.  I’ve shaved with a razor once in the past 6 years (I was on vacation and was curious what I looked like without any stubble. Not bad!).

* Yeah, sometimes I’m pretty jet-lagged and/or beat up, as you’ve noticed. Working on getting rest right now, in fact. Should be good as new soon.

* This is the “real” Josh, whatever that means.  Happy to answer your questions when time permits. Thanks for your interest!  JB

Posted: 21 October 2009 09:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-22

4)You got a girl yet?

I do, indeed. But, as people will know from interviews past, my private life is private, so I’ll leave the answer at that.

Well, congratulations Josh!

Rapa (-;

Signature 

THE BUTTERFLY

As do the bee and bird;
  A store of learning by;
  Nor be a butterfly.

Posted: 21 October 2009 11:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-10-20

I must say that even if it’s not you, whomever is impersonating you is very prompt with the responses.

No, I think it is you.  smile It sure sounds like you.

Also, I wasn’t intending to say that Josh isn’t way totally hot no matter how tired, covered in mud, unshaven or whatever state he’s gotten himself into. tongue wink
Cus’ he is…totally hot!

I want to thank you all for the warm welcome.  I will proudly join the harem. LOL

Josh:
Congratulations on getting a girl. I hope it works out.  (tears)*I’ll live. grin

Posted: 22 October 2009 01:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-22

Rapa is Rapa! A friend, a mother, a sister, a (brother).

If I was Josh’s jelly on a biscuit would I be posting on his fan site? “NO!,” I would be doing…. Yes! And yes! And totally yes!!! And let’s go to the leather underground! Don’t ask!!!

I’m just a fan like you.

Rapa (-;

Signature 

THE BUTTERFLY

As do the bee and bird;
  A store of learning by;
  Nor be a butterfly.

Posted: 22 October 2009 06:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-23
FanGirl - 21 October 2009 11:30 PM

I want to thank you all for the warm welcome.  I will proudly join the harem. LOL

Josh:
Congratulations on getting a girl. I hope it works out.  (tears)*I’ll live. grin

Hahahahah,LMAO..
Im crying too,with loughter,you are so funny!Welcome to the Harem,we are so happy to have you!

Josh,
Thank God you finally got the girl,I was starting to think it was the lack of action that was showing on your face.LOL

Can we get back to talking about nerdy stuff now?

Signature 

Posted: 22 October 2009 08:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-10-20

Well, now that I’ve got my hitting on Josh out of the way.  My name is FanGirl after all.

Which Empire is you favorite? (This is an open question. I think Joshs’ is Egypt.)

I like the one Darth Vader’s in.  raspberry

Posted: 22 October 2009 11:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  270
Joined  2009-07-23

Hail to the Harem! My favorite Empire was the Roman empire, but immediately thought of Darth Vader’s too.

Josh, you goof, you can’t use your Mum to answer ‘yes’ to Rikki’s question #4. LOL
Good for you to be able to bring a Sig-Other into your fast-paced life. This won’t, however, thwart us from wanting to pick at your brain.

All the best,
~Idee

Signature 

The ocean refuses no river.—Sufi chant

~ Join in! On Twitter @_alive2dive ~

Posted: 22 October 2009 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  370
Joined  2009-07-25

well i’m a little broken hearted lmao. just kidding we all know i don’t have a heart.

Signature 

Each day of human life contains joy and anger, pain and pleasure, darkness and light, growth and decay. Each moment is etched with nature’s great design; do not try to deny or oppose the cosmic order of things. Always try to be in communion with heaven and earth; then the world will appear in its true light.

Morihei Ueshiba

Posted: 22 October 2009 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-23
redbirdmarz - 22 October 2009 11:35 AM

well i’m a little broken hearted lmao. just kidding we all know i don’t have a heart.

Ashley,
Sush it!,we all know you didnt really kick that kitty.
LMAO

Signature 

Posted: 22 October 2009 12:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  370
Joined  2009-07-25

listen that kitten has it coming. she and all my other adopties are going to all get baths this weekend. i’m so sick of having a house full of ungrateful orphaned cats that steal my food. not to mention my shoes and the babies socks. and that ones the worst she spends 90% of her time trapped in the toilet and the other 10% crawling though my ceiling or chasing the baby. she is evil even more evil then me. and i tell you that takes practice. (p.s. did you read about my portrait)

Signature 

Each day of human life contains joy and anger, pain and pleasure, darkness and light, growth and decay. Each moment is etched with nature’s great design; do not try to deny or oppose the cosmic order of things. Always try to be in communion with heaven and earth; then the world will appear in its true light.

Morihei Ueshiba

Posted: 22 October 2009 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  284
Joined  2009-07-24

Well Josh congrats on the girl, I hope it works out and everything goes well. There goes my day dreams though, LOL.  Ok I am a little heart broken but as long as josh is happy, then i am glad he has found some one to share his adventures with/This Harem thing is kind of fun.Do we really have all women on this site, WOW that is kind of neat.

I would love to visit the egyptian civilization when it was at its peak, they have always been my favorite. The roman empire is an interesting one to learn about too. 

well talk at you all later, got to get the gym. toodles.

Signature 

Quotes
Our Greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising everytime we fall.

Horses are environmentally friendly, they go green everyday!

You can lead a human to knowledge, but you can’t make him think!

1 of 3

©2009 Josh Bernstein. All Rights Reserved. - Terms & Conditions of Use and Privacy Policy